ICFJ is looking for an energetic communications intern to join our team.
Duties may include updating ICFJ's social media accounts, assisting in the production of marketing materials and publications, helping plan and execute ICFJ events, contributing to the maintenance of ICFJ's websites and other administrative tasks.
Qualifications: Interns should be enthusiastic, efficient and flexible. Good writing skills and experience with digital and social media are required. An interest in international affairs is strongly suggested. Applicants should exhibit a spirit of teamwork.
- Write short web stories and press mentions
- Help create internal weekly newsletter
- Create videos that highlight key accomplishments
- Update communications lists in institutional database
- Prepare electronic mailings in mass e-mail system
- Monitor the web and social media to track projects and help raise ICFJ's visibility
- Support events as needed
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or a recent graduate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus
- Experience in digital communications desired
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite as well as video editing software strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Drupal and/or HTML is a plus.
The internship would be 35 hours a week with a six month commitment from September 2017 to March 2018.
How to apply
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to https://www.tfaforms.com/4632744.