Bolivia: Use the Web to Strengthen Community Radio
Knight International created an Internet platform for community radio stations in Bolivia to share programming with one another--and ultimately with major news outlets in the capital. Knight Fellow Celia Cernadas worked with Radio Fides and the Federacion de Trabajadores de la Prensa to improve the quality of the community radio programming that is being shared on a new Web site.
- Developed a new, digital platform that allowed rural journalists to post their stories online to a nationwide audience...including one story that reached the desk of Bolivian President Evo Morales, with startling results.
- Created the first manual for Bolivian radio journalists with step-by-step instructions on how to produce quality broadcast stories.
- Gave journalists at radio stations in rural areas the skills to produce high-quality newscasts and establish a professional network.
- Developed special local news programs for urban radio stations.
- Created a portal that enables community radio stations to easily share content.