The African Health Journalists Association (AHJA) is an association of health journalism organizations and journalists dedicated to promoting and providing quality media coverage to improve the lives of people across Africa.
Its goals are:
- To help journalists improve the quality and quantity of reporting on health issues in Africa
- To advance professional development and raise the profile of health stories in the media
- To promote dialogue and understanding between journalists and experts
- To encourage journalism that fosters the best possible public health programs and policies
- To promote journalism that enables people in Africa to make healthy choices