Program Intern, IJNet
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) seeks a paid intern for a writing, research and administrative position for our programs department. The intern will primarily work with staffers who run the International Journalists’ Network (www.ijnet.org) and the ICFJ Knight International Journalism Fellowships. The internship is a great opportunity to gain experience in social media outreach and to report and publish clips that focus on the latest tools, trends and innovations in journalism around the world.
The intern will also help report and write about ongoing projects led by ICFJ’s network of Fellows, who are working to advance media innovation in nearly a dozen countries. In addition to writing and research duties, the internship is a great opportunity to build foundational experience in how international programs are run through tasks that may involve coordinating travel logistics, maintaining databases, tracking finances, monitoring and evaluating projects and other tasks.
- Assist with social media outreach via Twitter, Facebook and other social media accounts. Report, write and produce articles about global media trends and the ICFJ Knight Fellows, to be published on IJNet.org and/or ICFJ.org
- Cover media conferences and panel discussions
- Assist in tracking IJNet impact
- Assist in conducting program evaluations and writing funder reports
- Provide administrative support (processing invoices, etc.) as needed
- Intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program or be a recent graduate
- Demonstrated interest in journalism and/or nonprofit media development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen research and analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on a deadline
- Proficiency in either Arabic, Persian, Spanish, Russian or Chinese a bonus
Interns are expected to work 15 to 20 hours per week, with a six-month commitment from September 2017 to March 2018. This internship is based in Washington, D.C.
How to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants should submit a resume, brief cover letter, two writing samples and two sample story pitches for IJNet, to https://www.tfaforms.com/4626709. Only complete applications will be considered.