Reports to: Vice President of Finance & Administration
As the Budget and Compliance Officer you will monitor compliance with general and specific grant requirements contained in the various Federal and private grants awarded to the organization; provide technical expertise ensuring grants compliance with state and federal law, funder requirements and internal policies and procedures; and develop strategic grant proposal budgets.
- Monitor compliance with general and specific grant requirements contained in the federal and private grants awarded to the organization.
- Maintain files and documentation for our federal grants and contracts to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Responsible for all post-award grants management
- Send monthly reports to front line managers indicating the current status of grants worked on by their teams.
- Communicate the status of grant activities and progress toward objectives to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the financial compliance of subgrants by performing risk assessments for potential grantees and sub-awardees, monitoring compliance with grant requirements, policies and procedures, and performing site visits as needed for financial review.
- Assist with all program and financial audits and financial reviews.
- Assist with maintaining up to date financial policies, procedures and templates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to independently interpret and apply thorough knowledge of applicable compliance requirements and regulations
- Ability to serve as a technical resource for budgeting and financial reporting process
- Ability to identify problems and changing requirements and recommend changes to policies and procedures to meet those needs
- Ability to establish expectations and give clear directions to meet goals and objectives
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Ability to plan and implement change initiatives
- Ability to remain flexible to meet constantly changing and sometimes challenging demands
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Sharepoint
- Strong communication skills with the ability to modify delivery, language, or content to account for the characteristics and needs of the audience
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree (business or finance preferred).
- Minimum three years’ experience in U.S. federal grant compliance or single audit work
- Proficiency with Federal regulations, i.e., OMB Circulars, 2 CFR 200, formerly A-110 (226), A-122, A-133
- Experience with not-for-profit accounting standards
- Experience with Accounting software platforms such as Intacct, Sage, Quickbooks
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter with salary requirement, and three references with contact information using this form https://www.tfaforms.com/4773960 . Only complete applications will be considered.