The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) seeks a paid intern for the International Journalists’ Network (IJNet), ICFJ’s online publication focused on journalism tips, tools and opportunities. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis for a four-month internship beginning Jan. 13.
The internship is a great opportunity to build foundational experience in digital publishing and international journalism through tasks that involve managing social media, designing and coordinating engagement activities, tracking analytics and evaluating audience growth. Interns will also have the opportunity to contribute written and multimedia content for publishing on the website.
- Assist IJNet staff with writing and scheduling daily social media
- Design and implement engagement campaigns across various platforms
- Use Google Analytics, Chartbeat and other software to track analytics and draw meaningful conclusions
- Work together with program staff to advertise and recruit for upcoming events using digital platforms
- Assist in the production of multimedia projects, including podcasts, social videos and video interviews
- Contribute written articles for publication on IJNet.org
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or a recent graduate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Experience with social media, scheduling platforms, analytics software, news writing and digital tools are preferred
- Applicant must be U.S.-based and authorized to work in the U.S.
The internship will be 35 hours a week with a four month commitment.
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants should apply by filling out this form. Only complete applications will be considered.