The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ), a nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C., is seeking a French translator for its IJNet French site. The site provides the latest in tips, trends and training opportunities for a global, French-speaking audience.
The French translator will work closely with the IJNet French editor to populate the French site with practical articles and resources for journalists, and with IJNet home office staff to ensure the smooth operation of the French site.
This is a part-time contract position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Research, write and publish training opportunities in French for IJNet
- Translate opportunities from English to French and from French to English
- Translate articles and resources from English to French and occasionally from French to English
- Conduct additional translations upon request
- Additional tasks as needed
- 3-5 years’ experience conducting English → French translations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in French and English
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Background in journalism preferred
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants should apply by filling out this form.
Only complete applications will be considered.