The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ), a nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C., is seeking a social media editor for its IJNet Russian site. The site provides the latest in tips, trends and training opportunities for a global, Russian-speaking audience.
This is a part-time contract position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Russian Social Media Editor will manage the IJNet Russian social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Vkontakte and Telegram. They will create content for the social media pages on a daily basis, and track engagement and audience growth. The Social Media Editor will work closely with the IJNet Russian Editor and IJNet home office staff to ensure the smooth operation of the Russian site.
- Manage IJNet Russian social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, VKontakte and Telegram on a daily basis
- Create original social media graphics and videos to promote IJNet Russian content on social media
- Monitor and social media analytics to track growth of the IJNet Russian audience
- Additional tasks as needed
- 2-3 years’ experience in journalism, including background in social media
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in Russian and English
- Work experience and knowledge of social media strategies, especially on the Russian-speaking internet
- Knowledge of the media industry
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants should apply by filling out this form. Only complete applications will be considered.