The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) seeks multiple media consultants for the Improving Broadcast and Online News in Kazakhstan program. Consultants will provide tailored virtual coaching and guidance related to their field of expertise to help newsrooms overcome their unique challenges and engage Kazakhstani audiences.
Consultants must have availability between the period of November 2020 and May 2021 to host virtual consultation sessions. All work will be done remotely; consultants can be based anywhere, and travel costs will not be covered. Consultant will be responsible for providing tailored coaching sessions related to their field of expertise, working with both upper management and junior level staff, helping the newsrooms develop basic management and editorial skills, and provide feedback to newsroom staff as needed.
- Must be available for consulting sometime between November 2020 and May 2021 for a four to six-week virtual consultation;
- Preferred areas of expertise are included but not limited to the following:
- Media Entrepreneurship/Sustainability
- Media Management
- Social Media/Audience Engagement
- Video and/or Television Production
- Multimedia Storytelling
- Investigative Reporting
- Journalism Ethics
- Mobile Journalism
- Experience working in Kazakhstan, Russian and/or Eastern countries is preferred;
- Fluency in Kazakh and/or Russian is preferred.
How to Apply
Applications are open until October 30, 2020. Applicants should apply by filling out this form. Only complete applications will be considered.