ICFJ is seeking a part-time monitoring and evaluation specialist (both individuals and companies are encouraged to apply) for its “In the Name of Religion” religious freedom reporting program in Nigeria and Sudan.
ICFJ is seeking a monitoring and evaluation specialist to support its “In the Name of Religion” religious freedom reporting program in Nigeria and Sudan. ICFJ works on this program with two partners, Ayin Network and Code for Africa. The M&E consultant will engage with ICFJ HQ program staff and its project partners to undertake the following tasks:
- Evaluate the impact of reporting projects (up to an estimated 40 news stories, 20 in English and 20 in Arabic); impact can include but is not limited to official and unofficial response to stories, social media mentions and shares, and any follow-up reporting by the original outlet or others;
- Provide basic analysis of these news stories based on program indicators, as provided by ICFJ and its partners, in accordance with ICFJ’s quality assessment rubrics;
- Prepare high-quality quarterly reports and a final report highlighting the compiled data, utilizing information provided by ICFJ HQ program staff and project partners.
The consultancy should begin in July 2021 and will go until December 2021.
This position can be based in any location globally. The work can be done remotely, via Zoom/Jitsi, email, WhatsApp, etc. The consultant will report to the Senior Program Director Aliza Appelbaum in the Washington, DC headquarters.
Required skills and qualifications:
Both individuals and companies are encouraged to apply.
- Working bilingual capability in Arabic and English (please include detailed experience in both languages; applications without this will NOT be considered);
- Experience working with USAID, State Department, or other USG grants;
- Familiarity with media programs, especially story evaluation;
- At least 6 years of proven experience conducting monitoring and evaluation focused on outcome-level indicators.
Apply here: https://www.tfaforms.com/4911851
Due to the volume of applications ICFJ receives for open positions, we are unable to respond to requests or questions via phone or email. Only final applicants will be contacted. We thank you for your understanding.