Join a team that’s making a difference!
Fact-based journalism is under unprecedented attack at a time when a free, independent news media has never been more important. The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) works to ensure that the cornerstone of healthy democracies - increasing the flow of reliable, trustworthy news – stays strong for generations to come. We give journalists the support and tools they need to do their jobs better. Through our work, journalists are enhancing news coverage and connecting more deeply with their audiences. ICFJ’s network is truly international - in the past five years alone, we have worked with 132,000 journalists from 173 countries. ICFJ implements about 80+ programs in the United States and globally each year. Our programs have impact: Stories produced by our participants have led to the fall of corrupt governments, promoted better laws, and made communities safer and healthier. ICFJ is a fast-paced, global, multilingual organization that has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist (MEL Specialist)
Reports to: Deputy Vice President, Global Impact and Strategy
Supervise: Database Intern
Employment Type: Full-time
Starting Salary: $63,000
Located: Washington DC. Temporarily Remote Due to COVID-19. A hybrid model, a mix of remote and in-person, in summer 2022.
ICFJ is looking to add to global staff by hiring a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist. The MEL Specialist is a critical position within ICFJ and plays a key role in data collection and implementation of evaluation tools to help produce evaluations reports using data visualization tools, and enters outcomes into the Salesforce database to measure program activities.
The MEL Specialist will work in concert with the program staff to support MEL needs from program inception, implementation, and closeout. The MEL Specialist will be responsible for consolidating data collection efforts and ensuring accountability of the implementation of data collection processes. The role will be focused on standardization and data management that showcases patterns, trends, and impact over time.
ICFJ prides itself on being a mission-driven organization with a global impact. We take employee growth and experience seriously and try hard to make sure that every staff member has the opportunity to grow and rise through the ranks.
- Implement monitoring systems and tools to capture quantitative and qualitative program data
- Monitor and document project activities, outputs, and progress towards anticipated results
- Produce MEL reports, develop impact dashboards and run queries in Salesforce that surface key trends.
- Onboard and train ICFJ and field staff in monitoring and evaluation processes and provide ongoing coaching
- Produce data quality assessments, develop surveys and other measurement tools to measure program impact and network community engagement
- Provide expertise in M&E planning and methodology
- Design MEL templates such as logic models, results frameworks, log frames, etc.
- Develop MEL plans that determine theories of change, performance, impact indicators, and targets
- Provide support to proposal development for M&E component
- Create impact evaluation reports using data analytics, data visualization, and manipulate data using tools such as Airtable, Canva, etc.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of international development and evaluation experience
- Experience producing M&E plans, theories of change, logic models, surveys, and other frameworks
- Expertise analyzing data using quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods
- Experience in data analytics, data visualization, and the manipulation of data sets
- Strong technical skills and understanding of Salesforce, Drupal, Asana, Dropbox, Slack, Mailchimp, Google Workspace, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in multitasking in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, effective attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Proficient in the management and timely delivery of complex and high-level task
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or commensurate experience
- A project management certification (preferred)
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter with salary requirement, and three references with contact information and complete the application found by clicking on this link.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
ICFJ is a non-profit classified as a 501 (c) (3) and as such receives funding from public and private grant funds and donations. Our funders are listed at the bottom of our annual report here: