Title: Program Assistant
Reports to: Senior Program Director/Program Manager
The Program Assistant is responsible for supporting and assisting the senior program staff as needed and acting as a full and active member of the program team to ensure that ICFJ maintains the highest standard of quality and efficiency in all of its projects.
• Providing logistical support to program participants, trainers, and staff including international and domestic travel and accommodations
• Communicating and liaising with vendors, clients, sub-grantees and consultants
• Coordinating orientations for program participants
• Assisting with program finances: tracking financial reports and payments to participants, consultants and sub-grantees
• Assisting in maintaining and updating the program budget
• Maintaining and updating the program database
• Maintaining and updating spreadsheets to track program activities, results and impact
• Performing administrative tasks as needed
● Professional Knowledge: Understanding of basic accounting and maintenance of financial records and databases and coordinating logistics; Interest in journalism and international development.
● Quality Orientation: Ability to perform with high attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and thoroughness when accomplishing tasks.
● Self-Management: Ability to prioritize and adjust to changes with exceptional organizational skills to accomplish work goals and meet deadlines; and work under an appropriate level of supervision, both independently and as a team member in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
● Critical Thinking: Ability to think critically, anticipate issues and find solutions with minimal guidance.
● Communication: Ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively in verbal and written form to a variety of audiences (a high level of English is essential); effectively engage with staff and a diverse range of stakeholders; and respond in a timely manner to requests.
● Digital Skills: General knowledge of computer software and accounting systems; and ability to effectively use computer software and tools to increase efficiency at work.
● Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Apply best practices of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategies, systems, policies, and procedures; ability to work and communicate successfully with people from diverse racial, ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree
• Spanish fluency is required
• Minimum of one year of experience working in a professional office environment
• Strong and proven organizational and problem solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Proficiency in MS Office (especially MS Word and MS Excel)
• Ability to process, organize and manage information; Salesforce or other database experience is a plus
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Excellent writing and communication skills (English)
• Experience using social media including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn is preferred
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter with salary requirement, and three references with contact information and complete the application found by clicking on this LINK .
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.