The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) seeks a paid intern for our programs department. The internship is a great opportunity to build foundational experience in how international programs are run through tasks that involve coordinating travel logistics, maintaining databases, conducting due diligence, tracking finances, monitoring and evaluating projects, communicating impact through the Web and social media, researching media innovation for project development and other administrative tasks.
- Assist ICFJ staff with arranging travel and other logistics for program participants
- Maintain databases with contact information and project results
- Process expense reports and update financial tracking systems
- Assist in managing social media. (Tumblr, Facebook, web analytics, etc.)
- Help recruit program participants and assist in the implementation of workshops/trainings
- Assist in conducting program evaluations and writing reports
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or a recent graduate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Experience with logistics, event planning, research, databases, finances, administrative tasks and spreadsheets are preferred
- Proficiency in Spanish required.
The internship would be 35 hours a week with a six month commitment from September to March 2018.
How to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to https://www.tfaforms.com/4626445. Only complete applications will be considered.