The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) seeks a paid intern for our programs department. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The internship is a great opportunity to build foundational experience in how international programs are run. Core tasks could include coordinating travel logistics, maintaining databases, conducting due diligence, tracking finances, monitoring and evaluating projects, communicating impact through the Web and social media, researching media innovation for project development and other administrative tasks.
- Assist ICFJ staff with arranging travel and other logistics for program participants
- Maintain databases with contact information and project results
- Process expense reports and update financial tracking systems
- Assist in managing social media. (Tumblr, Facebook, web analytics, etc.)
- Help recruit program participants and assist in the implementation of workshops/trainings
- Assist in conducting program evaluations and writing reports
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or a recent graduate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Experience with logistics, event planning, research, databases, finances, administrative tasks and spreadsheets are preferred
- Proficiency in a second language is helpful
- Applicant must be U.S.-based
The internship would be up to 35 hours a week with a three-month commitment, with the possibility of extending an additional three months.
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter here. Only complete applications will be considered.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.