The application deadline has passed.
Stories focusing on these topics published, broadcast or posted online in Brazil, China, India, Russia and Africa between Dec. 1, 2014, and May 27, 2015, qualify for the contest. The deadline for submitting stories is May 27, 2015.
Six winners will receive a cash prize and a 10-day study tour to the United States. Contest topics may include:
• Reducing maternal, infant and child mortality.
• Reducing disease transmission from mother to child.
• Preventing malnutrition.
• Improving delivery of care and infrastructure for maternal and child health.
• Responses to the Ebola epidemic.
• Innovative approaches to delivery of vaccines.
Journalists employed by print, broadcast or online media in each country qualify. The contest is also open to affiliated freelance journalists. Submitted work must have appeared in a media outlet based in each region or distributed mainly in the region. Submissions may be made in English, French (Africa), Hindi (India), Mandarin/Cantonese (China), Portuguese (Brazil), Russian (Russia). Submissions in other languages must include an English translation. Applicants may submit more than one entry.