The International Center for Journalists is partnering with the Facebook Journalism Project to administer the Sustainability Accelerator to media organizations in the United States. This program focuses on building key skills to local news organizations that serve historically marginalized communities.
About the Program
This program aims to enhance the long-term growth and sustainability of news organizations that are owned by Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and other people of color.
As part of the program, news organizations will have access to:
- Intensive virtual trainings to help media organizations build a sustainable and independent business model
- One-on-one coaching with industry experts
- Grant support to newsrooms to help deliver on key strategies based on training sessions
The Accelerator will begin in mid-October and end in early 2021, followed by a six-month grant period.
The deadline to apply is September 30, 2020. Please see below for eligibility criteria.
- You are a news organization of any type (digital, print, broadcast, etc.) in the United States
- The majority of your ownership and/or leadership is Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, or other people of color.
Please see here for a full list of Terms and Conditions.
Please email any questions you have about the Accelerator to Accelerator@FB.com. If you have any questions about the application form, please contact Cassandra Balfour at email@example.com, Tabitha Richmond at firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or Jennifer Dorroh at email@example.com.