The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) offered a six-week online course on covering conflict: challenges, opportunities and best practices for Egyptian journalists. The course was held from November 18, 2013, to December 29, 2013. The deadline to apply is November 8, 2013.
During this course, the participants learned:
- Media’s role in covering conflict
- Ethical reporting on conflict and violence
- Personal safety and survival
- Disaster and crisis coverage: planning and practice
- Best practices for conflict sensitive reporting
- Impact of social media in reporting conflict
The online course was offered in Arabic.