Want to participate in the project? Here’s our timeline of activities for Year 2:
Please note that all available opportunities are for journalists working in the border states of Baja California, Baja California Sur, Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leon, Coahuila, Sonora, and Chihuahua.
- Online course on data and investigative journalism will be hosted in October 2019
- Workshops on data journalism, investigative journalism, and digital security will take place in:
- Data Bootcamp will be hosted in February 2020. This is open to journalists, but also developers, illustrators, and anyone with a background and interest in supporting quality, investigative journalism.
- SembraMex opportunities for the second year of the project will become available beginning February 2020.
- Workshops will be followed by an Investigathon in May 2020. This will only be available to journalists who have participated in state-by-state workshops.
Opportunities will be available on the website as they become available, so keep checking back!